- Do You Slump? 3 Ways to Improve Your PostureJanuary 3, 2018When babies learn to sit, they elongate their spine, which is naturally efficient and comfortable. Moreover, it provides the most skeletal support without requiring a lot of muscle strength. In spite of this, around 4-years old, most of us began to slump. Why? Well, significantly, this is probably when we started school, and began spending more time sitting.
- 3 Exercises to Improve Your Foot HealthDecember 13, 2017We’ve heard that sitting is the new smoking. Well, it turns out that, in the long term, too much standing isn’t all that great for us either. In fact, long-term effects of standing are back problems and muscle damage.
- 2 Ways to Relieve Neck Pain (And 1 Thing to Stop)November 15, 2017Most neck pain not caused by trauma is usually the result of poor posture and weak muscles supporting our head. For example, sitting at our computers, or hunching over our phone, cycling (both static and sport), or freestyle swimming can strain our neck, and shoulders.
- How to Eat an Elephant (And Reach Your Goals)November 8, 2017MicroMOVEments means exactly what it sounds like. To begin with, take a large goal and break it down into teeny, tiny, manageable tidbits. In this way, you make it easier, more fun, and motivating. In general, when we take itsy bitsy, little actions toward a goal, we reach it. For instance, those things that overwhelm us; like exercising regularly, dropping that stubborn extra weight, or cleaning the house.
- 3 Ways Aquatic Fitness Makes You Stronger and HealthierNovember 1, 2017Vertical, water-based exercise (jumping, kicking, running, strength training) offers multiple benefits for any fitness level. To begin with, buoyancy decreases the amount of weight-bearing and impact you feel in your joints. Further, an aquatic environment is beneficial with treating painful and/or chronic musculoskeletal conditions.